Every Wednesday we post 5 links to things we liked over the past week.
1. From National Geographic: How awesome is it that James Cameron just completed the deepest ever solo dive down the Mariana Trench? Super awesome!
2. We saw the Hunger Games this past weekend! I feel like they did a pretty decent job of staying true to the book. But hey... what about Peeta's amputated leg? Here's a really good, hard look at what this omission (in most movies) means for disabled people over at Tiger Beatdown (occasional NSFW language at that site).
3. So, how about that pink slime? Is it an ingenious way to make the most of food animals or is it really just as disgusting as it sounds? I couldn't decide which link on the topic I wanted to share, so here's two: one from NPR's The Salt blog and the other from Discover Magazine's The Crux blog.
4. Slate has a really cool, if somewhat depressing, interactive map of "food deserts" in the U.S. (via GOOD).
5. It is finally Cadbury Egg season! Hey, guess how much sugar a can of soda has (comic from XKCD).